Sunday 18 October 2015

Remarkable Quotes of Stephen Hawking




Prof Stephen Hawking, one of the world's distinguished scientist, theoretical physicist, cosmologist. He is known for his genius, his disability as well as his distinctive voice. When the 73-year-old says something, it probably pays to listen. Here're some of his incredible quotes in no particular order,


"Even if it turns out that time travel is impossible, it is important that we understand why it is impossible"

- From the lecture, "My Brief History"



"There is a fundamental difference between religion, which is based on authority, [and] science, which is based on observation and reason. Science will win, because it works"

To Diane Sawyer, ABC News


"The life we have on earth must have spontaneously generated itself, it must therefore be possible for life to generate spontaneously elsewhere in the universe"

From "Alien Planet", 
on the Discover Channel


"Next time someone complains that you have made a mistake, tell him that may be a good thing. Because without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist"

- From "Into The Universe with Stephen Hawking", 
on the Discovery Channel


"At school, I was never more than about halfway up the class. It was a very bright class. My classwork was very untidy, and my handwriting was the despair of my teachers. But my classmates give me the nickname Einstein, so presumably they saw signs of something better. When I was twelve, one of my friends bet another friend a bag of sweets that I would never come to anything. I don't know if this bet was ever settled, and if so, which way it was decided..."

From the lecture, "My Brief History"


No comments:

Post a Comment